Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Rubbing Elbows with TV Chefs in AC

I didn't really plan on taking a proper summer vacation this year, as I depleted my savings by fencing in the front yard of the house (=happy, safe dogs!), and because I am harboring a secret dream of travelling to England in the fall...but that's a whole 'nother Oprah show. So I was going to settle for a few little weekend road trips here and there. But Cyd decided that she wanted to spend some of her vacation time attending the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival, mainly to stalk her celebrity crush, Chef Anne Burrell. Though I am the cook in the family, strangely, I was not really interested in the food festival. Bad food and overpriced tickets ($150!) just to see Paula Deen in the flesh? Pass.

But Cyd didn't want to go alone, and she seduced me with the promise of a hot tub in our room and some quality beach time. She even compelled me to attend one festival event, a coffee and tea tasting with her beloved Anne Burrell (who, as it turns out, is a horrible human being) and Robert Irvine who, despite being able to snap you like a twig with those arms of his, is delightful and quite the mensch.  I must admit, it was kind of fun, but I still preferred my quality time in the jacuzzi tub, swimming in the ocean (at both Cape May and Long Beach Island), and the all-you-can-eat Maryland blue crabs on the deck at H&H Seafood at Cape May!




1 comment:

Cyd said...

Wonderful little vacay...even though Anne was a bitch. The rest was great!