Sunday, June 16, 2013

A semblance of summer...

I have decided that I am just going to pretend it's summer, even if it rarely looks like it outside! So I am going make simple suppers, like a crusty French baguette, sliced and slathered in butter, drizzled with balsamic, sprinkled with minced garlic, and topped with shaved garlic. (This will be even more phenomenal when local tomatoes are ready to be sliced and added to the mix!) And I will eat many, many of my beloved buttery, bright green, Castelvetrano olives on the side.





The strawberries are finally here, so I will have lots of salads topped with these red ripe beauties, and also sliced red onion, blue cheese crumbles, pepitas, and creamy balsamic dressing. Oh yes, I shall.

 
 

















And my own little garden has started to yield good things, too, like herbs, lettuces, and my very first sugar snap peas! YUMMY!















I will also make silly, girly cocktails based on things I've seen floating around Pinterest and Facebook, like the one drably called "Summer Pool Drink." But as I like my drinks frozen and frothy, I will adapt the recipe to be made in my fabulous margarita machine! And I will rename this libation, Grown-Up Hawaiian Ice.

Grown-Up Hawaiian Ice

1/2 cup whipped cream vodka (or regular)
1/4 cup Key Largo Schnapps (or any tropical flavor you prefer)
1/4 cup dark rum
1/4 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate
1 cup water
1/2 little cup of Crystal Light or Totally Light lemonade mix
1 can Fresca
3 cups ice (or to desired consistency)

Blend, pour, and share with a friend!

No comments: