Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Backs...in the Instant Pot!

I can't believe it's taken me this long to make baby back ribs in the Instant Pot! They are SO easy and yummy! Now, protesters, I can already hear you: Yes, ribs are better smoked for hours low and slow, but I think IP ribs are perfect for weeknights and especially for the winter, when one might die standing outside manning the smoker.  






Instant Pot Ribs

Put a cup of apple cider vinegar in the IP, then curl a rack of ribs in there (with the membrane removed, then seasoned with granulated garlic and black pepper), and pour a small bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce over the meat (I used Lawry's Sweet Asian BBQ Marinade). Cook them on the Meat setting for 32 minutes. Then carefully transfer the rack to a sheet pan lined with foil. Broil them in the oven for a few minutes until browned and crispy. Meanwhile, reduce the sauce in the pot on high Saute mode until syrupy. Glaze the ribs three times with the reduced sauce, each time returning them to the broiler for a minute or two to set the glaze. Finish them with one more baste of glaze, et VOILA! 

No comments: