Sunday, June 13, 2010

"Lost" Post?

SHEESH! Something happened to my follow-up post to the "Lost" finale. Someone must have turned the big frozen wheel, creating a fracture in time, and now that post is at the bottom of the ocean. Oh well. I will at least post a few pictures of my "Lost" menu. How did y'all like the finale, by the bye? It seems that the reactions were strongly divided, mythology vs. mystery. I fall into the former camp, as I found the ending very satisfying emotionally, though all the loose ends were certainly NOT tied up into a neat little package. Still, it was cathartic and redemptive, all the important character arcs were completed, and it was, overall, a very worthy ending to a great series, IMHO. (Haters, bring on the debate!)

Whatever you thought of the finale, I assure you that my "Lost" menu would have left you fully satisfied. The links to the recipes were embedded in my last post, but here are some pictures of how it all actually turned out:

We started off during the summary pre-show with Mr. Cluck's Fried Chicken Bites and Hurley's Favorite Ranch Dipping Sauce.
















Our second course was a green salad with "one perfect tomato" and homemade green goddess dressing (veggies and herbs from Sun's garden, of course!).
















Our "Lost" finale entree' was Black Grouper with Mango-Jicama Relish and Coconut Jasmine Rice.
















And finally, our amazing "Lost"-themed dessert (that we were too full to eat the night of the finale--tee hee!): Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache. SO GOOD! These are definitely going in my regular baking repertoire. And they are pretty easy to make, too!

















GOODBYE Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sawyer, Sayid, Sun, Jin, Locke, Desmond, Ben, Juliet, Claire (and the rest, here on Gilligan's Isle!). We'll miss you!

1 comment:

Trainwreck said...

That all looks really good... I have never even seen peanut butter brownies, so I might have to try those...