Tuesday, January 03, 2017

Great Green Guac!

My friend Yves always makes a giant vat of awesome guacamole for our friendly gatherings, and he swears that leaving the pits in the guac keeps it from turning brown (a tip he got from his friend's Costa Rican mother or some such). I poo-pooed this nonsense, but I thought I'd give it a try.

The first picture is from yesterday when I made my guacamole, and the second picture is 24 hours later...with no plastic wrap pressed on top like I usually do. (Actually, the first pic looks browner, but that's because I took the photo in lower-light conditions.) So, I stand corrected!

P.S. I'm not completely convinced that it's not all the citrus juice that's mainly helping the situation. But still, what harm in using citrus, the pits, and pressed-down plastic wrap? The holy trinity of keeping guac green! #yourewelcome

No comments: