Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Because society frowns on margaritas for breakfast...

I just love the Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker that I bought half price at the end of the last summer season. But until today, I'd only used to it make...well...margaritas. But I have been seeing this McDonald's commercial lately for a blueberry-raspberry-pomegranate smoothie, and I thought I might try making something similar at home. I didn't have any pomegranate juice on hand, but I used a little frozen orange juice concentrate, and it turned out really yummy! I love berries and citrus flavors together, especially when blended with creamy dairy goodness. If you do, too, give this smoothie a whirl in your blender.

Berry Orange Smoothie
(Makes two 16 oz. glasses)

1 cup milk (I use fresh, whole, unpasteurized milk that I buy locally)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (preferably, vanilla)
1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons frozen orange (or orange-pineapple) juice concentrate
1 teaspoon honey (or to taste)
1 cup ice (or more, to reach desired consistency)

No comments: