Sausage and Kale Tart
- Heat oil and butter in pan on medium heat. Add onion and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until onions are soft and light brown. Add the garlic and saute for another minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Remove onions and garlic from pan and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium and add sausage to pan. Brown sausage and break into small pieces. Remove sausage from pan and set aside. Drain all but one tablespoon of oil from pan.
- Add kale to pan. Pour white wine over kale. Scrape any bits from the pan and cover. Cook 3-5 minutes, until kale is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. If kale is still very wet, cook uncovered for a minute or two. The overall mixture should be fairly dry. Remove kale to a large bowl.
- Toss cooked kale with cooked sausage and onions. Allow to cool for five minutes. Toss mixture with basil, egg, and goat cheese (or ricotta). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sausage and kale mixture into cooked tart shell. Be sure to evenly cover the bottom of the tart shell. Bake the tart on a baking tray for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove tart from oven when the filling is set and the tart shell is nicely brown. Cool tart slightly on a wire rack. Slice and serve with a green salad.