Friday, July 11, 2014

CLCA Day 10: Latin Low Carb

"Cyd's Low-Carb Adventure," Day 10
Breakfast: Scotch Eggs
Lunch: Leftover Spaghetti Squash and Slow Cooker Bolognese
Dinner: Green Chile Chicken Bake (my own low-carb invention)--pictured
Dessert: Ice Cream (or "Carb Smart Dairy Dessert," if you will)
Late-Night Snack: Leftover Chicken Sausages

What to do when you're low-carbing but craving Latin American delicacies? Why, you invent a low-carb green chile chicken enchilada bake using some sort of whole/sprouted grain hippie tortillas from the co-op (just three of them in the whole pan!). Am I a genius, or what? ;-)


Low-Carb Green Chile Bake:
I used the big grainy tortillas (cut in quarters, six pieces to a layer), two cans of whole, fire-roasted green chiles (which I ripped into strips), a deboned/skinned/chunked up rotisserie chicken, shredded cheese, and two cans of green enchilada sauce. I left the top open-faced (normally, I'd add a final layer of tortillas, but we're cutting carbs, right?), then covered with the pan foil and baked at 350 for 30 minutes covered and another 15 uncovered.


Of course, if you want to go fully Paleo on this, just use the green chiles (not ripped into pieces) layered without tortillas and skip the cheese.

Even with all that food, including my tortilla bake, carb count for the day was 53! WOOT!


No comments: